Grants and Development Coordinator
Grants and Development Coordinator
PROTECTING OUR ENVIRONMENT WITH INTELLIGENCE. The Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) is a 501(c)(3) independent, international advocacy organization based in Washington DC with a record of more than three decades securing systemic change to protect the Earth's environment. EIA has established unique methods, including pioneering the use of undercover investigations, to document environmental crimes and is currently on the vanguard of instituting historic environmental breakthroughs, including the Kigali Amendment and new laws around the world to combat illegal logging. EIA seeks an energetic and enthusiastic individual to help implement its engagement with partners on the ground, support management of extant donors, and help fundraise and establish new donor relationships.
The position will entail a diversity of activities including:
• Assist in compilation and preparation of proposals for existing and potential donors as well as complying with reporting requirements.
• Coordinates and communicates information on potential funding sources
• Work closely with team on fundraising efforts and strategy, including identifying new funding prospects and coordinating outreach efforts
• Coordinate with team on the development of funding proposals
• Coordinate the preparation of grant reports in consultation with appropriate program staff
• Coordinate the development of giving programs to cultivate existing donor base and new donors
• Consolidate, write and/or review proposal input; interpret funding agency guidelines to ensure compliance with all funding requirements.
• Work closely with the Director of Finance to ensure compliance with grant funder requirements and ensure that funder requirements and EIA policies are translated (as needed) into agreements, as well as, monitoring for subgrants and other contracts to ensure compliance with contracts terms and funder requirements
• Draft and coordinate subgrantee and consulting contracts
• Coordinate and maintain documentation for EIA on grants, subgrants, consultants and maintain tracking systems including spreadsheets and calendars.
• A minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience drafting fundraising proposals, managing funding and communicating with existing and potential funders.
• Demonstrated experience in grant management and compliance.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively organize disparate information and multi-task.
• Experience drafting and coordinating subgrants and consulting contracts.
• Ability to work in a flexible work environment while maintaining due diligence, oversight, and follow-up procedures.
• Strong team work ethic
• Understanding of accounting principles.
• Able to review budgets, invoices and financial reports for compliance with contracts and donor requirements.
• Ability to maintain high level of efficiency, confidentiality and integrity.
• Detail oriented and very organized.
Additional Highly Desirable Skills:
• Demonstrates a passion for the environment and engages in understanding and effectively communicating EIA issues.
• Language skills: Spanish (highly desired), French, Portuguese or Mandarin.
• Strong entrepreneurial and interpersonal skills.
Competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
Send cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Grants and Development Coordinator Application."
Please only apply if you are eligible to work in the United States without any legal restrictions. Due to the large volume of applicants, we are not able to answer emails or phone calls. Thank you for your understanding.