Operations and Administration Intern
PROTECTING OUR ENVIRONMENT WITH INTELLIGENCE. The Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) is a 501(c)(3) independent, international, non-profit advocacy organization based in Washington, D.C. with thirty years of triggering and affecting systemic change to protect the Earth’s environment. Over the last three decades, EIA has established a unique paradigm of methods – including pioneering the use of undercover investigations and audio and video recordings – to expose environmental crime and drive change.
EIA is seeking an excited and innovative intern to join one of the most dynamic advocacy teams in Washington DC. The initial anticipated length of this internship is four (4) months with possibility of extension. This role offers lots of opportunity for personal development within a dynamic team. This is a paid Internship.
This internship will entail a diversity of activities including:
• Provide administrative support, including data entry, filing, answering phones, data/spreadsheet entry, and general office support including IT.
• Maintains office supplies inventory, including media filing and storage.
• Support with human resources related matters as they arise.
• Support and facilitate general office administration and facility management.
• Assist with coordinating events, including holiday party and monthly staff meetings.
• Organize and catalogue reports and various documents in library.
• Maintain filing systems and provide information management assistance.
• Support EIA programs in day-to-day administrative and operational needs as requested.
• Support finance and Operations team with various tasks as they arise.
Desired qualifications include:
• Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
• Ability to multitask and change focus quickly and easily.
• Available to work a minimum of 20 hours/week.
• Ability to work independently or collaboratively, as needed
• Exhibited creativity and passion for learning
• Interest in and passion for environmental issues
• Some administrative or HR education and/or professional experience
EIA is an equal employment opportunity committed to workforce diversity. All Employment at EIA are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications and business need.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Operations and Administration Intern” in the subject line.
Due to the high volume in applications received, we are only able to respond to those selected for interviews.