Private Sector & Asian Supply Chain Advisor, Forests Campaigns
The Environmental Investigation Agency, a 501(c)(3) non-profit advocacy organization based in Washington DC, is seeking a motivated, organized and committed campaigner to join one of the most dynamic advocacy teams in Washington today. EIA’s Forest Campaign documents and exposes illegal logging, deforestation and associated trade and supports civil society organizations engaged in forest governance reform around the world. EIA uses primary evidence obtained from in-depth research of illegal timber and forest-risk commodity trade flows to push for systemic policy shifts to stem the demand and funding for these illegal activities.
EIA-US is hiring a talented and experienced Private Sector & Asian Supply Chain Advisor to support cutting-edge investigations and advocacy to combat the illegal destruction and degradation of the world’s forests. The Advisor will join one of the world’s most effective and creative non-profit investigative teams. Based on their real-world experience on global supply chains, the Advisor will be responsible for providing guidance and strategic support to EIA’s investigations and forest campaigns. The Private Sector & Asian Supply Chain Advisor will work closely with our world-class analysts, campaigners, and communications team to bring unprecedented evidence related to major forest crimes to public’s eyes, and advocate for needed change.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the preparation, realization and evaluation of investigations into forest crimes in Asia and around the world;
- Provide strategic and technical guidance to the members of the Forests Campaign Team regarding specific deforestation-related supply chains;
- Write concise and fact-based internal documents;
- Engage with sources, law enforcement, intelligence agencies, and the private sector, as appropriate;
- Intimate knowledge of the technical processes and issues that arise along global commodity supply chains;
- Demonstrated private sector experience, either with small companies or large corporations;
- Detail-oriented, methodic and creative with excellent analytical skills and critical thinking;
- Ability to work independently or with limited supervision, and at the same time be a remarkable team player;
- Strong interpersonal communication and excellent oral presentation and writing skills;
- Highly flexible and goal oriented;
- Ability to travel frequently in challenging environments;
- Proficiency in Japanese, Chinese and/or Vietnamese, including capacity to conduct meetings in at least one of these languages;
- Currently authorized to work legally in the United States on a full time basis.
- Superior negotiation skills;
- Additional language expertise a plus;
- Experience working or traveling abroad.
Compensation and Location
Competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience. This position is based in EIA’s office in Washington, DC (United States).
Send cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae to email@example.com with the subject line “Private Sector & Asian Supply Chain Advisor” by April 15, 2020.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. Due to the large volume of applicants, we are not able to answer emails or phone calls.
Applicants must be currently legally authorized to work the United States on a full-time basis, and be able to provide proof of same.
EIA is an equal employment opportunity committed to workforce diversity. All Employment at EIA are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications and business need.