EIA-US is looking for an experienced, dedicated and highly motivated Accountant to join EIA’s Operations and Finance team in its Washington, DC office to support its programs and mission.
The position will entail a wide range of functions including:
- Managing day-to-day accounting functions including accounts payable, account reconciliations, monthly allocations, general ledger reconciliation, and accounts receivable.
- Coordinate month-end and year-end closing process and preparation of financial statements.
- Preparation of monthly budget vs. actual reports and account variance analysis and cashflow projections.
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements.
- Work closely with the Grants Manager to assist with grant reporting and the monthly reporting to program Managers.
- Support with grant and agreement monitoring and compliance.
- Assist with the annual audit preparation.
- Assist with the annual 990 tax filing and other tax filing.
- Assist in preparation of annual 1099-MISC forms.
- Provide general office management and administrative support including IT, as needed.
- Assist in preparation of budgets, grants and other records.
- Assist with HR functions and payroll processing.
- Perform other financial and administrative duties as needed.
Essential Expertise and Qualifications
- Minimum of 4 years of nonprofit accounting experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Administration or similar field
- Expert knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel.
- Strong entrepreneurial and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative and cooperative approach to work.
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy, pay close attention to detail, be very organized, and handle confidential information appropriately.
- Solid understanding of GAAP and internal controls requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within a fast moving environment and
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize disparate information, multiple activities, and competing priorities, as well as, anticipate, identify, and solve problems.
- Experience with managing federal funding and solid understanding of OMB circulars.
- Spanish language skills
Competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
All interested applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com describing relevant experience and interest with the subject line “Accountant”. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. Due to the large volume of applicants, we are not able to answer emails or phone calls.
Applicants must be currently legally authorized to work the United States on a full-time basis, and be able to provide proof of the same.
EIA is an equal employment opportunity committed to workforce diversity. All Employment at EIA are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications and business need.