- Is John Hume Dealing with Criminal Syndicates in Auctioning His Rhino Horn?
In advance of the rhino horn auction in South Africa, EIA questions John Hume's involvement
- EPA Lists New SNAP Substitutes, EIA Hopes for Lower GWP
A new determination of acceptability issued by the US EPA expands acceptable substitutes under its SNAP program.
- Japan's Internet Retail Giant Rakuten Ichiba Ceasing Ivory Sales
Japan's largest internet retailer, Rakuten, has announced it will cease all sales of ivory products on its sites.
- IMO Member States Urged To Back Action On Heavy Fuel Oil Risks
As part of the Clean Arctic Coalition, EIA and others have issued this statement in the lead up to the MEPC71 meetings.
- EIA Demands Closure of Japan’s Ivory Market Following New Evidence of Illegal Ivory Trade
EIA is calling for the closure of Japan’s domestic ivory market after new evidence of illegal trade in ivory tusks was linked to the Ministry of Environment’s tusk registration scheme.
- Leaked EU-Japan Trade Agreement Would Increase Illegal Logging
Leaked documents from a trade agreement between the European Union and Japan show weak environmental standards.
- EIA Applauds Bipartisan Effort to Tackle Super Pollutants, HFCs
Congress announces bipartisan legislation to combat super pollutants and climate change, EIA comments
- Japan's Plan to Increase Ivory Trade Poses Threat to Success of China's Domestic Ivory Ban
EIA has accused the government of Japan of increasing its ivory trade.
- EIA: Peru must guarantee safety of former forest inspector and his family, verify legal origin of timber exports
EIA: Peru must guarantee safety of former forest inspector and his family, verify legal origin of timber exports
Following an Associated Press investigation, EIA provides response to the continued illegal logging exposed in Peru
- EIA: Perú debe garantizar la seguridad de ex funcionario forestal y su familia, y verificar el origen legal de exportaciones de madera
EIA: Perú debe garantizar la seguridad de ex funcionario forestal y su familia, y verificar el origen legal de exportaciones de madera
A partir de la publicación de hoy de un informe de investigación de Associated Press sobre el comercio de madera ilegal del Perú a los Estados Unidos, la Agencia de Investigación Ambiental (Environmental Investigation Agency – EIA) solicita al...
- Environmentalists Commend China for Closing Ivory Stores and Factories, Urge Japan to Take Similar Steps to End Ivory Trade
Environmentalists Commend China for Closing Ivory Stores and Factories, Urge Japan to Take Similar Steps to End Ivory Trade
Following news that China is taking steps to close its domestic ivory trade, EIA calls on Japan, the largest remaining ivory market, to also end the trade.
- California Approves Strategy to Reduce Super Pollutants
The California Air Resources Board agreed to a strategy to phase down potent greenhouse gases, including HFCs.
- Forest Stewardship Council cuts ties with Austrian timber giant over illegal wood
FSC disassociates from Austrian timber giant Holzindustrie Schweighofer
- Groups urge Forest Stewardship Council to cut ties with Austrian timber giant
Groups urge Forest Stewardship Council to cut ties with Austrian timber giant
- Depot Deception: New EIA video documents systematic timber laundering by Schweighofer suppliers
The latest in EIA's video series The 'S' Files reveals the severity and scale of Holzindustrie Schweighofer's trade in illegal wood.
- United States and Canada Take Historic Steps to Protect the Arctic Ocean
Joint Statement bans drilling in most of the U.S. and Canadian Arctic, and commits to phasing out use of heavy fuel oil by ships in the Arctic
- Romania creates revolutionary public access in new online wood tracking system
Romania’s Ministry of the Environment hasreleased a new website allowing real-time tracking of all timber transports across the country.
- Stolen Wood, Certified: FSC allows certification to continue, despite illegalities
Despite finding timber giant awash in stolen wood, FSC allows certification to continue
- The Un-Natural Parks: New EIA Video Exposes Illegal and Unsustainable Origins of Schweighofer’s Timber
The Un-Natural Parks: New EIA Video Exposes Illegal and Unsustainable Origins of Schweighofer’s Timber
The second in a series of videos, EIA exposes continued illegal sourcing practices by Holzindustrie Schweighofer
- The Ghost Trucks: Schweighofer’s continued sourcing of illegal timber exposed in new EIA video
A new EIA investigation reveals that Austrian timber company Holzindustrie Schweighofer is still receiving illegal wood to its Romanian sawmills.
- Peru Announces Improved Measures to Stop Illegal Timber Trade
The Peruvian government committed to significantly improve measures to stop illegal logging and associated trade in its timber sector.
- MEPC 70: IMO Moves Towards Arctic Phase Out of World’s Dirtiest Fuel
EIA welcomed the progress made by member countries towards a phase out of the use of heavy fuel oil (HFO) by vessels operating in the Arctic.
- Palm Oil Plantation in Cameroon: An Opportunity to Stop “The Wrong Project in the Wrong Place”
EIA has released a short documentary film on local communities in Southwest Cameroon ahead of a critical decision by the Cameroonian government.
- Plantation de palmiers à huile au Cameroun : une opportunité pour mettre fin « au mauvais projet au mauvais endroit »
Plantation de palmiers à huile au Cameroun : une opportunité pour mettre fin « au mauvais projet au mauvais endroit »
En prévision de la décision cruciale que va prendre le Gouvernement du Cameroun concernant le renouvellement...
- Historic Agreement Reached on Global Deal to Cut HFCs, Super Pollutant Greenhouse Gases
Parties to the Montreal Protocol are expected to adopt an historic global agreement mandating controls on hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) consumption and production...