- EIA briefing to OEWG43: Unexpected CFC-11 emissions
Briefing to the 43rd Meeting of the Open-ended Working Group of the Parties to the Montreal Protocol (OEWG 43)
- The Lie Behind the Ply
In an unprecedented investigation that connects threatened forests of Solomon Islands, China’s timber manufacturing hubs, and European importers, our new report The Lie Behind the Ply reveals how European consumers of tropical plywood have been the unwitting drivers of forest degradation. Our findings show that European companies appear to have imported thousands of tons of tropical-faced plywood, at high risk of containing illegal wood and in apparent violation of European law.
- Letter to the Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games
: EIA, JTEF, and HSI appeal to the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee President and Governor of Tokyo to take action to prevent illegal trade and export of elephant ivory products
- Tainted Beef
- Carne Contaminada
Un nuevo informe de la Agencia de Investigación Ambiental (EIA por sus siglas en inglés) revela cómo la carne que se vende en los supermercados colombianos está alimentando la deforestación ilegal en los bosques amazónicos protegidos y contribuyendo al financiamiento de grupos armados.
- Template: Letter of Support for EIA AIM Act Petition
Interested organizations can submit a letter of support for EIA’s petition to EPA to restrict HFC uses under the AIM Act. Please download the attached template above to submit a letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EIA Petition to EPA Under AIM Act
EIA is petitioning EPA to use its authority under the American Innovation and Manufacturing (AIM Act), a new climate law passed in December 2020. The AIM Act authorizes EPA to phase down HFCs through three mechanisms of an allowance system, technology transitions, and regulations to minimize release through refrigerant management.
- Pathway to Net-Zero: Cooling Product List
- Sign-on Letter to Biden Administration on Addressing Zoonotic Disease Spillover Risk
EIA, together with more than 60 other environmental and conservation organizations, is calling on the Biden Administration to adopt strategies and policies critical to addressing the increasing threat of zoonotic disease spillover into human populations.
- Open Letter to the 117th Congress and Biden-Harris Administration on Tackling Global Deforestation
The undersigned civil society organizations call on Congress and the Biden-Harris administration to enact significant new trade rules and policy measures to support the health and well-being of the world’s forests and the people who depend on them.
- NGO Appeal to Tokyo for Urgent Measures on Ivory
EIA and 25 international non-government environmental and conservation organizations sent a letter February 18, 2021 to follow up on a previous appeal from March 2020. Our organizations encourage the closure of Tokyo's ivory market and also recommend some actions the Tokyo Metropolitan Government should take before the ivory market can be closed, including during the rescheduled 2020 Olympic Games. The letter can be viewed in English and Japanese.
- Leaking Havoc: Exposing Your Supermarket’s Invisible Climate Pollution
An EIA investigation into dozens of supermarkets in the greater Washington, D.C. area, including Virginia and Maryland, found a majority of stores to be leaking super-pollutant hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) refrigerants
- Willing to Sell: Snapshot Investigations of Ivory Hanko Retailers in Japan
Report: Willing to Sell- Snapshot Investigations of Ivory Hanko Retailers in Japan
- LETTER: EIA, IIAR and over 120 Stakeholders Call on California to Require Climate-Friendly Cooling in Ice Rinks
LETTER: EIA, IIAR and over 120 Stakeholders Call on California to Require Climate-Friendly Cooling in Ice Rinks
EIA and the International Institute of Ammonia Refrigeration (IIAR) joined by over 120 other stakeholders, submitted a letter to the California Air Resources Board calling to limit refrigerants in new ice rink refrigeration systems to under a 150 global warming potential (GWP).
- Tainted Timber, Tarnished Temples
- Bois Volé, Temples Souillés
- The Risk of Ozone-Depletion Persists - Comments to EPA
EIA submitted comments to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regarding the draft risk assessments of methylene chloride, carbon tetrachloride, and other priority chemicals undergoing risk evaluations under the Amended Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA).
- EIA Briefing on the IEC Standards Proposal for Air Conditioning
With global stock of household air conditioners (ACs) expected to triple by 2050, continued use of HFCs in ACs is fueling the climate crisis.
- The Pebble Tapes
- 2019 Impact Report
In 2019, EIA again demonstrated the many successes of our powerful investigations and campaigns to protect our beautiful world and to work effectively with global decisionmakers, leaders, and civil society in order to continue to challenge and disrupt major threats to our natural world and its rich biodiversity.
- EIA Comments to OEWG-42
- Find an HFC-free Fridge: A Buyers Guide
- Cashing-In On Chaos
- EIA Comments on ASHRAE-15 Standards Proposal
- Letter: Appeal to Tokyo's Governor Koike for Ivory Market Closure
With the world looking at Tokyo for the 2021 Olympics, EIA and other organizations urge Tokyo to end the sale of ivory.