- Second Postcard from the IMO Marine Environment Protection Committee
EIA returned from the 71st Marine Environment Protection Committee meetings with some positive updates
- IMO Member States Urged To Back Action On Heavy Fuel Oil Risks
As part of the Clean Arctic Coalition, EIA and others have issued this statement in the lead up to the MEPC71 meetings.
- Charting the Future for Cetaceans and Polar Shipping
A new briefing prepared for the MEPC71
- Waking Up to Climate Change
- United States and Canada Take Historic Steps to Protect the Arctic Ocean
Joint Statement bans drilling in most of the U.S. and Canadian Arctic, and commits to phasing out use of heavy fuel oil by ships in the Arctic
- MEPC 70: IMO Moves Towards Arctic Phase Out of World’s Dirtiest Fuel
EIA welcomed the progress made by member countries towards a phase out of the use of heavy fuel oil (HFO) by vessels operating in the Arctic.
- Heavy Fuel Oil: A Priority Threat to Arctic Cetaceans
An EIA briefing on the threat of heavy fuel oil in the Arctic...
- Postcard from London: Charting a Cleaner Course for the Arctic
Earth Day is a chance to celebrate the wonder of the natural world, which on the surface makes it a little ironic that EIA’s Wildlife Team is sending this blog postcard from the back of a London conference room with no...
- January Marks New Low for Sea Ice and a Dangerous Future for Belugas
By Dan Hubbell, EIA Wildlife Assistant Policy Analyst In the new Arctic Ocean, shattering records for low sea ice have become an almost annual occurrence, and January 2016 suggests this year will be no exception...
- EIA Case for Pan-Arctic Marine Protected Areas Network
As the major intergovernmental forum for the Arctic Ocean, the Arctic Council has always taken its responsibility for environmental protection seriously. Unfortunately, in spite...