Campaign Focus Areas
- IMO and Arctic States Slammed for Endorsing Continued Arctic Pollution
NGOs protest outrageous approval of Arctic Heavy Fuel Oil “ban” which will drive continued pollution of the Arctic throughout 2020s
- The Pebble Tapes
- Pebble Mine Tape Reveal Plans to Build Massive 180-Year Mine at the Headwaters of Bristol Bay in Alaska
Pebble Mine Tape Reveal Plans to Build Massive 180-Year Mine at the Headwaters of Bristol Bay in Alaska
Recorded Conversations with Pebble Mine Executives Reveal Plans to Build Massive 180-Year Mine at the Headwaters of Bristol Bay in Alaska
- Navigating Best Practices for the Arctic
- Pebble Mine: A Threat to Salmon, Belugas and a Way of Life
Pebble Mine: A Massive Threat to Salmon, Belugas and a Way of Life
- White Noise: Preventing Acoustic Pollution in the Arctic
The Arctic marine environment is not always a quiet place, but it is a relatively natural soundscape that belugas and other polar wildlife rely on to communicate and find prey.
- IMO Takes Major Step Towards Ending Dirty Fuel Use in the Arctic
EIA hails the IMO's agreement to develop a ban on the use and carriage for use of heavy fuel oil in the Arctic.
- IMO Member States Must Back Ban on Heavy Fuel Oil from Arctic Shipping
As a meeting of the International Maritime Organization’s Marine Environment Protection Committee opens today in London (MEPC72), the Clean Arctic Alliance called on IMO member states to support a proposal to ban heavy fuel oil (HFO) from Arctic shipping.
- EIA opposes Trump administration plan for new oil leases in beluga habitat
Today EIA filed a comment in opposition to the unprecedented plan by the administration to open 98 percent of the American outer continental shelf to oil and natural gas activity.
- Beluga Whales in Cook Inlet, Alaska