Campaign Focus Areas
- Navigating Best Practices for the Arctic
- Pebble Mine: A Threat to Salmon, Belugas and a Way of Life
Pebble Mine: A Massive Threat to Salmon, Belugas and a Way of Life
- White Noise: Preventing Acoustic Pollution in the Arctic
The Arctic marine environment is not always a quiet place, but it is a relatively natural soundscape that belugas and other polar wildlife rely on to communicate and find prey.
- IMO Takes Major Step Towards Ending Dirty Fuel Use in the Arctic
EIA hails the IMO's agreement to develop a ban on the use and carriage for use of heavy fuel oil in the Arctic.
- IMO Member States Must Back Ban on Heavy Fuel Oil from Arctic Shipping
As a meeting of the International Maritime Organization’s Marine Environment Protection Committee opens today in London (MEPC72), the Clean Arctic Alliance called on IMO member states to support a proposal to ban heavy fuel oil (HFO) from Arctic shipping.
- EIA opposes Trump administration plan for new oil leases in beluga habitat
Today EIA filed a comment in opposition to the unprecedented plan by the administration to open 98 percent of the American outer continental shelf to oil and natural gas activity.
- Beluga Whales in Cook Inlet, Alaska
- Second Postcard from the IMO Marine Environment Protection Committee
EIA returned from the 71st Marine Environment Protection Committee meetings with some positive updates
- IMO Member States Urged To Back Action On Heavy Fuel Oil Risks
As part of the Clean Arctic Coalition, EIA and others have issued this statement in the lead up to the MEPC71 meetings.
- Charting the Future for Cetaceans and Polar Shipping
A new briefing prepared for the MEPC71