- The Canary in the Coal Mine: Cook Inlet Beluga Whales
A short video about the Cook Inlet beluga whales and the problems they face.
- White Noise: Preventing Acoustic Pollution in the Arctic
The Arctic marine environment is not always a quiet place, but it is a relatively natural soundscape that belugas and other polar wildlife rely on to communicate and find prey.
- Draft Cook Inlet LNG Pipeline Document Reveals Devastating Impact on Endangered Belugas
Draft Cook Inlet LNG Pipeline Document Reveals Devastating Impact on Endangered Belugas
- Taking Marine Mammals Incidental to Alaska Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Project in Cook Inlet
EIA letter to NOAA regarding proposed LNG Project in Cook Inlet
- IMO Takes Major Step Towards Ending Dirty Fuel Use in the Arctic
EIA hails the IMO's agreement to develop a ban on the use and carriage for use of heavy fuel oil in the Arctic.
- IMO Member States Must Back Ban on Heavy Fuel Oil from Arctic Shipping
As a meeting of the International Maritime Organization’s Marine Environment Protection Committee opens today in London (MEPC72), the Clean Arctic Alliance called on IMO member states to support a proposal to ban heavy fuel oil (HFO) from Arctic shipping.
- EIA opposes Trump administration plan for new oil leases in beluga habitat
Today EIA filed a comment in opposition to the unprecedented plan by the administration to open 98 percent of the American outer continental shelf to oil and natural gas activity.
- Canada's New Marine Protected Area Envisions a Better Future for Narwhals and Belugas
Read what Canada's largest marine protected area means for the local marine life, indigenous people, and industry.
- Beluga Whales in Cook Inlet, Alaska
- Second Postcard from the IMO Marine Environment Protection Committee
EIA returned from the 71st Marine Environment Protection Committee meetings with some positive updates