Campaign Focus Areas
- EIA's 2016 Annual Report
- A Big Win For Climate As Montreal Protocol's Landmark Kigali Amendment Gets Green Light
Global efforts to dramatically reduce super greenhouse gases in the fight against climate change saw a major advance today as the Kigali Amendment to the Montreal Protocol got the go ahead to crack down on harmful hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs).
- Smarter Standards: Vital for Kigali Amendment Success
This report provides updates on the work of key standards bodies relevant to the cooling sector and outlines the climate imperative of modernizing standards for successful implementation of the Kigali Amendment and the ongoing HCFC phase-out.
- California Kicks Off HFC Rulemakings Ahead of Bonn Climate Talks
At UN climate talks in Bonn this week, U.S. states are helping fill the void left in American leadership.
- Transitioning HFCs in India: Why Multinationals Must Support India's Kigali Amendment Goals
In 2016, EIA released Transitioning HFCs in India, a report estimating the growing contributions of multinational fast food and beverage companies to hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) emissions in India.
- California’s Next Cool Climate Move
- EPA Lists New SNAP Substitutes, EIA Hopes for Lower GWP
A new determination of acceptability issued by the US EPA expands acceptable substitutes under its SNAP program.
- Montreal Protocol Discusses Kigali Amendment Implementation
Parties to the Montreal Protocol met for the first time since October 2016, when all countries agreed to phase down HFCs.
- Building a Strong Foundation for Continued Success
With the ink barely dry on the Kigali Amendment and ratification under way, the real work now begins...
- EIA Applauds Bipartisan Effort to Tackle Super Pollutants, HFCs
Congress announces bipartisan legislation to combat super pollutants and climate change, EIA comments