Campaign Focus Areas
- IMO Takes Major Step Towards Ending Dirty Fuel Use in the Arctic
EIA hails the IMO's agreement to develop a ban on the use and carriage for use of heavy fuel oil in the Arctic.
- California Senator Introduces California Cooling Act
Today state Senator Ricardo Lara introduced the California Cooling Act, a landmark proposal to reduce climate impacts of the cooling sector, which could lead to avoidance of 17 million metric tons of CO2 equivalent annually by 2030. EIA and NASRC applaud the bill and highlight the positive outcomes of a proposed incentive program for low-GWP refrigerants.
- International award recognizes EIA’s ‘unique’ climate investigations and work
EIA was delighted to be among 60 recipients recognized in the Ozone Awards 2017 by Parties to the Montreal Protocol for extraordinary commitment and outstanding contributions to fighting climate change.
- New EPA Rule Allows Climate Friendly Refrigerators Following EIA Petition
Yesterday the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) released a rule that will allow climate-friendly refrigerants in household refrigerators and freezers.
- EIA's 2016 Annual Report
- A Big Win For Climate As Montreal Protocol's Landmark Kigali Amendment Gets Green Light
Global efforts to dramatically reduce super greenhouse gases in the fight against climate change saw a major advance today as the Kigali Amendment to the Montreal Protocol got the go ahead to crack down on harmful hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs).
- Standards Dialogue Must Continue at Montreal Protocol Meetings
This year marks the 30th anniversary of the Montreal Protocol and a year since finalizing the Kigali Amendment, the landmark global agreement to phase down climate damaging hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs).
- Smarter Standards: Vital for Kigali Amendment Success
This report provides updates on the work of key standards bodies relevant to the cooling sector and outlines the climate imperative of modernizing standards for successful implementation of the Kigali Amendment and the ongoing HCFC phase-out.
- California Kicks Off HFC Rulemakings Ahead of Bonn Climate Talks
At UN climate talks in Bonn this week, U.S. states are helping fill the void left in American leadership.
- Transitioning HFCs in India: Why Multinationals Must Support India's Kigali Amendment Goals
In 2016, EIA released Transitioning HFCs in India, a report estimating the growing contributions of multinational fast food and beverage companies to hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) emissions in India.