Campaign Focus Areas
- EIA Comments at California Air Resources Board
- California Approves Strategy to Reduce Super Pollutants
The California Air Resources Board agreed to a strategy to phase down potent greenhouse gases, including HFCs.
- EIA Briefing to the UNFCCC COP22
- Ratifying the Kigali HFC Amendment: A No-brainer for the U.S.
EIA takes a look at why the Kigali Amendment to the Montreal Protocol should be ratified by the United States
- EIA reflects on 10 years of HFC campaigning following Kigali Amendment
Following successful negotiations to the Montreal Protocol, EIA reflects on ten years of calling for a phase out of HFC gases.
- Historic Agreement Reached on Global Deal to Cut HFCs, Super Pollutant Greenhouse Gases
Parties to the Montreal Protocol are expected to adopt an historic global agreement mandating controls on hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) consumption and production...
- India Acts on HFC-23 Super Pollutant as Montreal Protocol Negotiations Enter Critical Phase
India has announced its chemical industry, with immediate effect, must collect and destroy emissions of its most potent greenhouse gas, HFC-23.
- India Takes Critical Step to Protect Global Climate from HFC-23
India has announced its chemical industry, with immediate effect, must collect and destroy emissions of its most potent greenhouse gas, HFC-23. EIA first exposed the HFC-23 crisis ten years ago and has carried out investigations into HFC-23 venting in China and India.
- Averting Climate Catastrophe: Our obligation to adopt an ambitious Kigali HFC amendment to the Montreal Protocol
Averting Climate Catastrophe: Our obligation to adopt an ambitious Kigali HFC amendment to the Montreal Protocol
As the 28th Meeting of the Parties to the Montreal Protocol gets underway in Kigali, Rwanda, the momentum to tackle dangerous climate change has never been greater.
- EPA Finalizes Rules on HFCs Ahead of Pivotal Montreal Protocol Meetings, EIA Comments
Yesterday the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) finalized two rulemakings curbing emissions of hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs), potent greenhouse gases used in refrigeration, air conditioning and foams, among other uses...