Countries and Regions
- Forest Stewardship Council cuts ties with Austrian timber giant over illegal wood
FSC disassociates from Austrian timber giant Holzindustrie Schweighofer
- The 'S' Files
- Romania creates revolutionary public access in new online wood tracking system
Romania’s Ministry of the Environment hasreleased a new website allowing real-time tracking of all timber transports across the country.
- Stolen Wood, Certified: FSC allows certification to continue, despite illegalities
Despite finding timber giant awash in stolen wood, FSC allows certification to continue
- The Un-Natural Parks: New EIA Video Exposes Illegal and Unsustainable Origins of Schweighofer’s Timber
The Un-Natural Parks: New EIA Video Exposes Illegal and Unsustainable Origins of Schweighofer’s Timber
The second in a series of videos, EIA exposes continued illegal sourcing practices by Holzindustrie Schweighofer
- Forest Liquidators & Timber Smugglers: The Full Story
EIA summarizes the federal case against Lumber Liquidators for violating the U.S. Lacey Act.
- The Ghost Trucks: Schweighofer’s continued sourcing of illegal timber exposed in new EIA video
A new EIA investigation reveals that Austrian timber company Holzindustrie Schweighofer is still receiving illegal wood to its Romanian sawmills.
- Peru Announces Improved Measures to Stop Illegal Timber Trade
The Peruvian government committed to significantly improve measures to stop illegal logging and associated trade in its timber sector.
- Traditional Chiefs Call for an End to Oil Palm Project on Their Lands
The SGSOC oil palm project has disrupted the livelihoods of many communities in Southwest Cameroon. Village leaders have written to the president, calling for a stop to the project...
- The Wrong Project in the Wrong Place
This EIA short documentary film presents interviews with members of local communities in the Southwest region of Cameroon about the negative impacts felt by a controversial oil palm project. The project, owned by Sithe Global Sustainable Oil Cameroon (SGSOC), has not only dispossessed community members of their land, but also threatened biodiversity hotspots and failed to meet development promises.