Countries and Regions
- Historic Endangered Timber Smuggling Case Revealed Between Nigeria and China
One of the largest timber smuggling operations in history is revealed today by the Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) in a report that shows how over 1.4 million illegal rosewood logs from Nigeria, worth US$300 million, were laundered into China.
- Montreal Protocol Discusses Kigali Amendment Implementation
Parties to the Montreal Protocol met for the first time since October 2016, when all countries agreed to phase down HFCs.
- Leaked EU-Japan Trade Agreement Would Increase Illegal Logging
Leaked documents from a trade agreement between the European Union and Japan show weak environmental standards.
- PEFC: A Fig Leaf for Stolen Timber
- EIA: Peru must guarantee safety of former forest inspector and his family, verify legal origin of timber exports
EIA: Peru must guarantee safety of former forest inspector and his family, verify legal origin of timber exports
Following an Associated Press investigation, EIA provides response to the continued illegal logging exposed in Peru
- EIA: Perú debe garantizar la seguridad de ex funcionario forestal y su familia, y verificar el origen legal de exportaciones de madera
EIA: Perú debe garantizar la seguridad de ex funcionario forestal y su familia, y verificar el origen legal de exportaciones de madera
A partir de la publicación de hoy de un informe de investigación de Associated Press sobre el comercio de madera ilegal del Perú a los Estados Unidos, la Agencia de Investigación Ambiental (Environmental Investigation Agency – EIA) solicita al...
- Historic Sentence for Largest Wildlife Crime in Recent History
Trader smuggled 50 million dollars’ worth of rosewood into Singapore, expects jail
- Forest Stewardship Council cuts ties with Austrian timber giant over illegal wood
FSC disassociates from Austrian timber giant Holzindustrie Schweighofer
- The 'S' Files
- Romania creates revolutionary public access in new online wood tracking system
Romania’s Ministry of the Environment hasreleased a new website allowing real-time tracking of all timber transports across the country.