Campaign Focus Areas
- EIA Briefing to the UNFCCC COP22
- Ratifying the Kigali HFC Amendment: A No-brainer for the U.S.
EIA takes a look at why the Kigali Amendment to the Montreal Protocol should be ratified by the United States
- EIA reflects on 10 years of HFC campaigning following Kigali Amendment
Following successful negotiations to the Montreal Protocol, EIA reflects on ten years of calling for a phase out of HFC gases.
- India Acts on HFC-23 Super Pollutant as Montreal Protocol Negotiations Enter Critical Phase
India has announced its chemical industry, with immediate effect, must collect and destroy emissions of its most potent greenhouse gas, HFC-23.
- India Takes Critical Step to Protect Global Climate from HFC-23
India has announced its chemical industry, with immediate effect, must collect and destroy emissions of its most potent greenhouse gas, HFC-23. EIA first exposed the HFC-23 crisis ten years ago and has carried out investigations into HFC-23 venting in China and India.
- EPA Finalizes Rules on HFCs Ahead of Pivotal Montreal Protocol Meetings, EIA Comments
Yesterday the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) finalized two rulemakings curbing emissions of hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs), potent greenhouse gases used in refrigeration, air conditioning and foams, among other uses...
- New Report on Fast Food Industry in India Calls on Multinationals to Limit Greenhouse Gas Emissions
A new report released today by the Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) studies few of the fastest growing multinational fast food chains in India, which are some of the country’s largest...
- Transitioning HFCs in India: The Opportunity for Climate Friendly Cooling in the Fast Food Industry
Transitioning HFCs in India, studies some of the fastest growing multinational fast food chains in India – a country with significantly increasing HFC emissions due to its expanding market. Eight fast food chains in India...
- Great Expectations for California to Tackle Super Greenhouse Gases
This is the first installment of the EIA Climate Campaign’s blog series on ‘Navigating the Path to Climate-Friendly Cooling.’ The series will focus on the key policy and technology issues related to mitigating hydrofluorocarbons...
- Making History: negotiating a Global Agreement on HFCs
EIA campaigners will be at the 36th Open-Ended Working Group (OEWG) of the Parties to the Montreal Protocol in Paris from Monday, July 20...