- Japan’s Latest Tokyo 2020 Supporter Leads the World’s Elephant Ivory Sales
Japan’s Latest Tokyo 2020 Supporter Leads the World’s Elephant Ivory Sales
- Search, Reuse, and Destroy: How States Can Take the Lead on a 100 Billion Ton Climate Problem
Preventing emissions of fluorinated refrigerants such as HFCs from “F-gas banks” is the single biggest near-term strategy to reduce greenhouse gases. The IPCC special report on limiting global warming to within 1.5˚C also underlined need for faster and deeper HFC emission reductions beyond those anticipated under full implementation of the Kigali Amendment to the Montreal Protocol.
- MONTREAL PROTOCOL TAKES STEPS TO CRACK DOWN ON ILLEGAL OZONE-KILLER CFCs
MONTREAL PROTOCOL TAKES STEPS TO CRACK DOWN ON ILLEGAL OZONE-KILLER CFCs
- MONTREAL PROTOCOL MUST ADAPT FAST TO CRACK DOWN ON ILLEGAL OZONE-KILLER CFCs
With the 30th Meeting of the Parties (MoP30) to the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer opening in Quito, Ecuador, on Monday, the Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) is releasing a new update on China’s CFC-11 production crisis.
- Tip of the Iceberg: Implications of Illegal CFC Production and Use
Just six months after scientists revealed unexpected and high emissions of CFC-11, much has been done to address this enormous environmental crime. China has responded with an unprecedented nationwide enforcement action and has shut down at least one illegal CFC-11 production factory. The Parties to the Montreal Protocol unanimously responded at OEWG-40 to the crisis and will agree vital next steps at the 30th Meeting of the Parties in Quito, Ecuador.
- New EPA Rule Allows Climate Friendly Refrigerators Following EIA Petition
Yesterday the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) released a rule that will allow climate-friendly refrigerants in household refrigerators and freezers.
- Standards Dialogue Must Continue at Montreal Protocol Meetings
This year marks the 30th anniversary of the Montreal Protocol and a year since finalizing the Kigali Amendment, the landmark global agreement to phase down climate damaging hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs).
- California Kicks Off HFC Rulemakings Ahead of Bonn Climate Talks
At UN climate talks in Bonn this week, U.S. states are helping fill the void left in American leadership.
- New EIA Report Reveals Multinational Fast Food Chains Ignoring Easy Mitigation Opportunity in India
A new report by the Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) reveals that merely a few multinational fast food and beverage companies in India could avoid up to 38 million metric tons of CO2 equivalent, the same as taking 8.5 million cars off the road for a year, by not using HFCs for cooling.
- California’s Next Cool Climate Move