Campaign Focus Areas
- “Cool It” Campaign: Groups Take Aim At Walmart’s Massive Refrigerant Leakage Problem
“Cool It” Campaign: Groups Take Aim At Walmart’s Massive Refrigerant Leakage Problem
- Search, Reuse, and Destroy: How States Can Take the Lead on a 100 Billion Ton Climate Problem
Preventing emissions of fluorinated refrigerants such as HFCs from “F-gas banks” is the single biggest near-term strategy to reduce greenhouse gases. The IPCC special report on limiting global warming to within 1.5˚C also underlined need for faster and deeper HFC emission reductions beyond those anticipated under full implementation of the Kigali Amendment to the Montreal Protocol.
- New EPA Rule Allows Climate Friendly Refrigerators Following EIA Petition
Yesterday the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) released a rule that will allow climate-friendly refrigerants in household refrigerators and freezers.
- EPA Lists New SNAP Substitutes, EIA Hopes for Lower GWP
A new determination of acceptability issued by the US EPA expands acceptable substitutes under its SNAP program.
- EIA Applauds Bipartisan Effort to Tackle Super Pollutants, HFCs
Congress announces bipartisan legislation to combat super pollutants and climate change, EIA comments
- A 21st Century Standard for American Fridges
- EIA Briefing to the UNFCCC COP22
- Ratifying the Kigali HFC Amendment: A No-brainer for the U.S.
EIA takes a look at why the Kigali Amendment to the Montreal Protocol should be ratified by the United States
- EIA reflects on 10 years of HFC campaigning following Kigali Amendment
Following successful negotiations to the Montreal Protocol, EIA reflects on ten years of calling for a phase out of HFC gases.
- Historic Agreement Reached on Global Deal to Cut HFCs, Super Pollutant Greenhouse Gases
Parties to the Montreal Protocol are expected to adopt an historic global agreement mandating controls on hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) consumption and production...