- Australia Plans to Weaken Ban on Illegal Timber Imports
Australian consumers should not become the unwitting accomplices of forest crime
- Leaked EU-Japan Trade Agreement Would Increase Illegal Logging
Leaked documents from a trade agreement between the European Union and Japan show weak environmental standards.
- PEFC: A Fig Leaf for Stolen Timber
- EIA: Peru must guarantee safety of former forest inspector and his family, verify legal origin of timber exports
EIA: Peru must guarantee safety of former forest inspector and his family, verify legal origin of timber exports
Following an Associated Press investigation, EIA provides response to the continued illegal logging exposed in Peru
- Forest Stewardship Council cuts ties with Austrian timber giant over illegal wood
FSC disassociates from Austrian timber giant Holzindustrie Schweighofer
- Groups urge Forest Stewardship Council to cut ties with Austrian timber giant
Groups urge Forest Stewardship Council to cut ties with Austrian timber giant
- Depot Deception: New EIA video documents systematic timber laundering by Schweighofer suppliers
The latest in EIA's video series The 'S' Files reveals the severity and scale of Holzindustrie Schweighofer's trade in illegal wood.
- Romania creates revolutionary public access in new online wood tracking system
Romania’s Ministry of the Environment hasreleased a new website allowing real-time tracking of all timber transports across the country.
- Stolen Wood, Certified: FSC allows certification to continue, despite illegalities
Despite finding timber giant awash in stolen wood, FSC allows certification to continue
- FSC Policy for Association complaint - WWF Germany vs. Holzindustrie Schweighofer
A report published by the FSC complaint panel. WWF Germany vs. Holzindustrie Schweighofer