- EPA Lists New SNAP Substitutes, EIA Hopes for Lower GWP
A new determination of acceptability issued by the US EPA expands acceptable substitutes under its SNAP program.
- Montreal Protocol Discusses Kigali Amendment Implementation
Parties to the Montreal Protocol met for the first time since October 2016, when all countries agreed to phase down HFCs.
- A 21st Century Standard for American Fridges
- California Approves Strategy to Reduce Super Pollutants
The California Air Resources Board agreed to a strategy to phase down potent greenhouse gases, including HFCs.
- Forest Stewardship Council cuts ties with Austrian timber giant over illegal wood
FSC disassociates from Austrian timber giant Holzindustrie Schweighofer
- EIA Briefing to the UNFCCC COP22
- Ratifying the Kigali HFC Amendment: A No-brainer for the U.S.
EIA takes a look at why the Kigali Amendment to the Montreal Protocol should be ratified by the United States
- Averting Climate Catastrophe: Our obligation to adopt an ambitious Kigali HFC amendment to the Montreal Protocol
Averting Climate Catastrophe: Our obligation to adopt an ambitious Kigali HFC amendment to the Montreal Protocol
As the 28th Meeting of the Parties to the Montreal Protocol gets underway in Kigali, Rwanda, the momentum to tackle dangerous climate change has never been greater.
- Montreal Protocol Seeks Progress on Standards for HFC-free Technologies
Parties to the Montreal Protocol met last month in Vienna to negotiate a global phase down of hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs), super-greenhouse gases that are thousands...
- The Biggest Climate Commitment after Paris Closer to Adoption in 2016
The Paris climate agreement in December was a landmark deal agreed by all countries yet the national greenhouse gas targets countries have put forward are far from sufficient to limit warming to 1.5°C...