- California Approves Strategy to Reduce Super Pollutants
The California Air Resources Board agreed to a strategy to phase down potent greenhouse gases, including HFCs.
- Forest Stewardship Council cuts ties with Austrian timber giant over illegal wood
FSC disassociates from Austrian timber giant Holzindustrie Schweighofer
- EIA Briefing to the UNFCCC COP22
- Ratifying the Kigali HFC Amendment: A No-brainer for the U.S.
EIA takes a look at why the Kigali Amendment to the Montreal Protocol should be ratified by the United States
- Averting Climate Catastrophe: Our obligation to adopt an ambitious Kigali HFC amendment to the Montreal Protocol
Averting Climate Catastrophe: Our obligation to adopt an ambitious Kigali HFC amendment to the Montreal Protocol
As the 28th Meeting of the Parties to the Montreal Protocol gets underway in Kigali, Rwanda, the momentum to tackle dangerous climate change has never been greater.
- Montreal Protocol Seeks Progress on Standards for HFC-free Technologies
Parties to the Montreal Protocol met last month in Vienna to negotiate a global phase down of hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs), super-greenhouse gases that are thousands...
- The Biggest Climate Commitment after Paris Closer to Adoption in 2016
The Paris climate agreement in December was a landmark deal agreed by all countries yet the national greenhouse gas targets countries have put forward are far from sufficient to limit warming to 1.5°C...
- Montreal Protocol on track to reach 2016 HFC Amendment
Parties to the Montreal Protocol made significant progress on agreeing to phase down hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) in a series of back-to-back meetings in Vienna this week, raising expectations that a global...
- The Importance of Ambition in the 2016 HFC Phase-Down Agreement
Following the adoption of the Dubai Pathway on HFCs, Parties to the Montreal Protocol are set to negotiate and adopt an HFC amendment in 2016, the first major...
- January Marks New Low for Sea Ice and a Dangerous Future for Belugas
By Dan Hubbell, EIA Wildlife Assistant Policy Analyst In the new Arctic Ocean, shattering records for low sea ice have become an almost annual occurrence, and January 2016 suggests this year will be no exception...