- Blowing It: Illegal Production and Use of Banned CFC-11 in China's Foam Blowing Industry
Information obtained by the Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) demonstrates conclusively that the use of CFC-11 in China’s rigid polyurethane (PU) foam insulation sector, in particular in the building and construction subsector, is widespread and pervasive.
- A Big Win For Climate As Montreal Protocol's Landmark Kigali Amendment Gets Green Light
Global efforts to dramatically reduce super greenhouse gases in the fight against climate change saw a major advance today as the Kigali Amendment to the Montreal Protocol got the go ahead to crack down on harmful hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs).
- Standards Dialogue Must Continue at Montreal Protocol Meetings
This year marks the 30th anniversary of the Montreal Protocol and a year since finalizing the Kigali Amendment, the landmark global agreement to phase down climate damaging hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs).
- Smarter Standards: Vital for Kigali Amendment Success
This report provides updates on the work of key standards bodies relevant to the cooling sector and outlines the climate imperative of modernizing standards for successful implementation of the Kigali Amendment and the ongoing HCFC phase-out.
- EPA Lists New SNAP Substitutes, EIA Hopes for Lower GWP
A new determination of acceptability issued by the US EPA expands acceptable substitutes under its SNAP program.
- Montreal Protocol Discusses Kigali Amendment Implementation
Parties to the Montreal Protocol met for the first time since October 2016, when all countries agreed to phase down HFCs.
- A 21st Century Standard for American Fridges
- California Approves Strategy to Reduce Super Pollutants
The California Air Resources Board agreed to a strategy to phase down potent greenhouse gases, including HFCs.
- Forest Stewardship Council cuts ties with Austrian timber giant over illegal wood
FSC disassociates from Austrian timber giant Holzindustrie Schweighofer
- EIA Briefing to the UNFCCC COP22