Heavy Fuel Oil
Campaign Focus Areas
- IMO and Arctic States Slammed for Endorsing Continued Arctic Pollution
NGOs protest outrageous approval of Arctic Heavy Fuel Oil “ban” which will drive continued pollution of the Arctic throughout 2020s
- Navigating Best Practices for the Arctic
- IMO Takes Major Step Towards Ending Dirty Fuel Use in the Arctic
EIA hails the IMO's agreement to develop a ban on the use and carriage for use of heavy fuel oil in the Arctic.
- IMO Member States Must Back Ban on Heavy Fuel Oil from Arctic Shipping
As a meeting of the International Maritime Organization’s Marine Environment Protection Committee opens today in London (MEPC72), the Clean Arctic Alliance called on IMO member states to support a proposal to ban heavy fuel oil (HFO) from Arctic shipping.
- Charting the Future for Cetaceans and Polar Shipping
A new briefing prepared for the MEPC71
- United States and Canada Take Historic Steps to Protect the Arctic Ocean
Joint Statement bans drilling in most of the U.S. and Canadian Arctic, and commits to phasing out use of heavy fuel oil by ships in the Arctic
- MEPC 70: IMO Moves Towards Arctic Phase Out of World’s Dirtiest Fuel
EIA welcomed the progress made by member countries towards a phase out of the use of heavy fuel oil (HFO) by vessels operating in the Arctic.
- Heavy Fuel Oil: A Priority Threat to Arctic Cetaceans
An EIA briefing on the threat of heavy fuel oil in the Arctic...