Campaign Focus Areas
- California Approves Strategy to Reduce Super Pollutants
The California Air Resources Board agreed to a strategy to phase down potent greenhouse gases, including HFCs.
- EIA Briefing to the UNFCCC COP22
- Ratifying the Kigali HFC Amendment: A No-brainer for the U.S.
EIA takes a look at why the Kigali Amendment to the Montreal Protocol should be ratified by the United States
- EIA reflects on 10 years of HFC campaigning following Kigali Amendment
Following successful negotiations to the Montreal Protocol, EIA reflects on ten years of calling for a phase out of HFC gases.
- Historic Agreement Reached on Global Deal to Cut HFCs, Super Pollutant Greenhouse Gases
Parties to the Montreal Protocol are expected to adopt an historic global agreement mandating controls on hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) consumption and production...
- EPA Finalizes Rules on HFCs Ahead of Pivotal Montreal Protocol Meetings, EIA Comments
Yesterday the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) finalized two rulemakings curbing emissions of hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs), potent greenhouse gases used in refrigeration, air conditioning and foams, among other uses...
- New Report on Fast Food Industry in India Calls on Multinationals to Limit Greenhouse Gas Emissions
A new report released today by the Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) studies few of the fastest growing multinational fast food chains in India, which are some of the country’s largest...
- Transitioning HFCs in India: The Opportunity for Climate Friendly Cooling in the Fast Food Industry
Transitioning HFCs in India, studies some of the fastest growing multinational fast food chains in India – a country with significantly increasing HFC emissions due to its expanding market. Eight fast food chains in India...
- The Need for Smarter Standards and Codes in Cooling
As Parties to Montreal Protocol negotiate a global agreement for an HFC phase-down this year, several safety standards and building codes are threatening to limit...
- Montreal Protocol Seeks Progress on Standards for HFC-free Technologies
Parties to the Montreal Protocol met last month in Vienna to negotiate a global phase down of hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs), super-greenhouse gases that are thousands...