Campaign Focus Areas
- On World Rhino Day, EIA Calls for an End to All Rhino Horn Trade
To protect rhinos, domestic rhino horn markets must be shut down and pro-trade arguments must be abandoned.
- EIA Condemns Japan’s Ivory Tusk Registration Campaign
As the Government of Japan announces that it will launch a campaign to register privately-owned ivory, EIA condemns the move due to Japan's highly illegal trade.
- Is John Hume Dealing with Criminal Syndicates in Auctioning His Rhino Horn?
In advance of the rhino horn auction in South Africa, EIA questions John Hume's involvement
- EIA Demands Closure of Japan’s Ivory Market Following New Evidence of Illegal Ivory Trade
EIA is calling for the closure of Japan’s domestic ivory market after new evidence of illegal trade in ivory tusks was linked to the Ministry of Environment’s tusk registration scheme.
- Leaked EU-Japan Trade Agreement Would Increase Illegal Logging
Leaked documents from a trade agreement between the European Union and Japan show weak environmental standards.
- Japan's Plan to Increase Ivory Trade Poses Threat to Success of China's Domestic Ivory Ban
EIA has accused the government of Japan of increasing its ivory trade.
- EIA: Peru must guarantee safety of former forest inspector and his family, verify legal origin of timber exports
EIA: Peru must guarantee safety of former forest inspector and his family, verify legal origin of timber exports
Following an Associated Press investigation, EIA provides response to the continued illegal logging exposed in Peru
- Forest Stewardship Council cuts ties with Austrian timber giant over illegal wood
FSC disassociates from Austrian timber giant Holzindustrie Schweighofer
- The 'S' Files
- Groups urge Forest Stewardship Council to cut ties with Austrian timber giant
Groups urge Forest Stewardship Council to cut ties with Austrian timber giant