Campaign Focus Areas
- EIA Demands Closure of Japan’s Ivory Market Following New Evidence of Illegal Ivory Trade
EIA is calling for the closure of Japan’s domestic ivory market after new evidence of illegal trade in ivory tusks was linked to the Ministry of Environment’s tusk registration scheme.
- Leaked EU-Japan Trade Agreement Would Increase Illegal Logging
Leaked documents from a trade agreement between the European Union and Japan show weak environmental standards.
- Japan's Plan to Increase Ivory Trade Poses Threat to Success of China's Domestic Ivory Ban
EIA has accused the government of Japan of increasing its ivory trade.
- EIA: Peru must guarantee safety of former forest inspector and his family, verify legal origin of timber exports
EIA: Peru must guarantee safety of former forest inspector and his family, verify legal origin of timber exports
Following an Associated Press investigation, EIA provides response to the continued illegal logging exposed in Peru
- Forest Stewardship Council cuts ties with Austrian timber giant over illegal wood
FSC disassociates from Austrian timber giant Holzindustrie Schweighofer
- The 'S' Files
- Groups urge Forest Stewardship Council to cut ties with Austrian timber giant
Groups urge Forest Stewardship Council to cut ties with Austrian timber giant
- Depot Deception: New EIA video documents systematic timber laundering by Schweighofer suppliers
The latest in EIA's video series The 'S' Files reveals the severity and scale of Holzindustrie Schweighofer's trade in illegal wood.
- Stolen Wood, Certified: FSC allows certification to continue, despite illegalities
Despite finding timber giant awash in stolen wood, FSC allows certification to continue
- The Un-Natural Parks: New EIA Video Exposes Illegal and Unsustainable Origins of Schweighofer’s Timber
The Un-Natural Parks: New EIA Video Exposes Illegal and Unsustainable Origins of Schweighofer’s Timber
The second in a series of videos, EIA exposes continued illegal sourcing practices by Holzindustrie Schweighofer