Campaign Focus Areas
- Investigation Reveals Hanko Demand Drives Japan's Illegal Ivory Trade
Nearly 200 retailers in Japan are willing to sell ivory hanko knowing the sought-after name seals are destined for export which is illegal, a new investigation reveals.
- 象牙のハンコ:日本の違法な象牙取引&アフリカ ゾウの悲劇の元凶
- How Ivory Hanko Destroyed Africa's Elephants and drives Japan's Illegal Ivory Trade
Japan’s demand for hanko made of elephant ivory is a modern phenomenon driven by the country’s ivory industry.
- Superficial Reforms: An Analysis of Recent Amendments to Japan's Ivory Control Laws
Briefing Document for Delegates to CITES Standing Committee 70
- EIA Praises Taiwan for Closing Its Domestic Ivory Market to Save Elephants
The Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) today commended Taiwan for committing to close its domestic ivory market starting January 1, 2020, thus eliminating another domestic ivory market in Asia.
- Mourning the Loss of Esmond Martin
The loss of Esmond Martin, found dead in his Nairobi home over the weekend, is a tragic development not just for his family, friends and colleagues, but for the entire international community and all those who supported the protection of Africa's elephants as well as its rhinos.
- EIA Applauds Japan’s AEON for Elephant Ivory Phase-out
The Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) praised AEON’s official announcement that it will phase out all sales of elephant ivory by tenants in all of AEON’s numerous malls across Japan by March 2020.
- EIA Condemns Japan’s Ivory Tusk Registration Campaign
As the Government of Japan announces that it will launch a campaign to register privately-owned ivory, EIA condemns the move due to Japan's highly illegal trade.
- New York Ivory Crush
- Japan's Rakuten Closes the Door on Ivory Sales