- Not One More: Another Activist Silenced by Arrest in Madagascar
Christopher Magnenjiky was arrested for obscure and unjust reasons mid-May 2018
- Commemorating Ten Years Combatting Illicit Timber Trade and Forest Crime
Today marks the 10th anniversary of the 2008 U.S. Lacey Act Amendments – landmark legislation aimed at halting the destructive and criminal practice of illegal logging.
- Moment of Truth: Promise or Peril for the Amazon as Peru Confronts its Illegal Timber Trade
EIA’s new report describes important advances since 2012 in Peru’s fight against illegal logging, timber laundering, and its associated international trade – as well as the backlash against these new approaches.
- FSC’s Christmas present for Schweighofer: Tracing wood is not required
The Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) is disappointed that the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) has agreed to a roadmap that would allow Holzindustrie Schweighofer to regain FSC status
- Fighting illegal logging in Peru: The Full Story
- PEFC: A Fig Leaf for Stolen Timber
- EIA: Perú debe garantizar la seguridad de ex funcionario forestal y su familia, y verificar el origen legal de exportaciones de madera
EIA: Perú debe garantizar la seguridad de ex funcionario forestal y su familia, y verificar el origen legal de exportaciones de madera
A partir de la publicación de hoy de un informe de investigación de Associated Press sobre el comercio de madera ilegal del Perú a los Estados Unidos, la Agencia de Investigación Ambiental (Environmental Investigation Agency – EIA) solicita al...
- EIA: Peru must guarantee safety of former forest inspector and his family, verify legal origin of timber exports
EIA: Peru must guarantee safety of former forest inspector and his family, verify legal origin of timber exports
Following an Associated Press investigation, EIA provides response to the continued illegal logging exposed in Peru
- Historic Sentence for Largest Wildlife Crime in Recent History
Trader smuggled 50 million dollars’ worth of rosewood into Singapore, expects jail
- Forest Stewardship Council cuts ties with Austrian timber giant over illegal wood
FSC disassociates from Austrian timber giant Holzindustrie Schweighofer