- A Big Win For Climate As Montreal Protocol's Landmark Kigali Amendment Gets Green Light
Global efforts to dramatically reduce super greenhouse gases in the fight against climate change saw a major advance today as the Kigali Amendment to the Montreal Protocol got the go ahead to crack down on harmful hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs).
- Smarter Standards: Vital for Kigali Amendment Success
This report provides updates on the work of key standards bodies relevant to the cooling sector and outlines the climate imperative of modernizing standards for successful implementation of the Kigali Amendment and the ongoing HCFC phase-out.
- California Kicks Off HFC Rulemakings Ahead of Bonn Climate Talks
At UN climate talks in Bonn this week, U.S. states are helping fill the void left in American leadership.
- Building a Strong Foundation for Continued Success
With the ink barely dry on the Kigali Amendment and ratification under way, the real work now begins...
- EIA Briefing to the UNFCCC COP22
- Ratifying the Kigali HFC Amendment: A No-brainer for the U.S.
EIA takes a look at why the Kigali Amendment to the Montreal Protocol should be ratified by the United States
- EIA reflects on 10 years of HFC campaigning following Kigali Amendment
Following successful negotiations to the Montreal Protocol, EIA reflects on ten years of calling for a phase out of HFC gases.
- Historic Agreement Reached on Global Deal to Cut HFCs, Super Pollutant Greenhouse Gases
Parties to the Montreal Protocol are expected to adopt an historic global agreement mandating controls on hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) consumption and production...
- India Takes Critical Step to Protect Global Climate from HFC-23
India has announced its chemical industry, with immediate effect, must collect and destroy emissions of its most potent greenhouse gas, HFC-23. EIA first exposed the HFC-23 crisis ten years ago and has carried out investigations into HFC-23 venting in China and India.
- Averting Climate Catastrophe: Our obligation to adopt an ambitious Kigali HFC amendment to the Montreal Protocol
Averting Climate Catastrophe: Our obligation to adopt an ambitious Kigali HFC amendment to the Montreal Protocol
As the 28th Meeting of the Parties to the Montreal Protocol gets underway in Kigali, Rwanda, the momentum to tackle dangerous climate change has never been greater.