Campaign Focus Areas
- Canada's New Marine Protected Area Envisions a Better Future for Narwhals and Belugas
Read what Canada's largest marine protected area means for the local marine life, indigenous people, and industry.
- Second Postcard from the IMO Marine Environment Protection Committee
EIA returned from the 71st Marine Environment Protection Committee meetings with some positive updates
- Charting the Future for Cetaceans and Polar Shipping
A new briefing prepared for the MEPC71
- MEPC 70: IMO Moves Towards Arctic Phase Out of World’s Dirtiest Fuel
EIA welcomed the progress made by member countries towards a phase out of the use of heavy fuel oil (HFO) by vessels operating in the Arctic.
- Heavy Fuel Oil: A Priority Threat to Arctic Cetaceans
An EIA briefing on the threat of heavy fuel oil in the Arctic...