Campaign Focus Areas
- Traditional Chiefs Call for an End to Oil Palm Project on Their Lands
The SGSOC oil palm project has disrupted the livelihoods of many communities in Southwest Cameroon. Village leaders have written to the president, calling for a stop to the project...
- Plantation de palmiers à huile au Cameroun : une opportunité pour mettre fin « au mauvais projet au mauvais endroit »
Plantation de palmiers à huile au Cameroun : une opportunité pour mettre fin « au mauvais projet au mauvais endroit »
En prévision de la décision cruciale que va prendre le Gouvernement du Cameroun concernant le renouvellement...
- The Wrong Project in the Wrong Place
This EIA short documentary film presents interviews with members of local communities in the Southwest region of Cameroon about the negative impacts felt by a controversial oil palm project. The project, owned by Sithe Global Sustainable Oil Cameroon (SGSOC), has not only dispossessed community members of their land, but also threatened biodiversity hotspots and failed to meet development promises.
- Palm Oil Plantation in Cameroon: An Opportunity to Stop “The Wrong Project in the Wrong Place”
EIA has released a short documentary film on local communities in Southwest Cameroon ahead of a critical decision by the Cameroonian government.
- Poligrow Colombia Ltda., Ordered to Suspend Operations due to Presumed Environmental Infractions
Colombian environmental authority, CORMACARENA (Corporación para el Desarrollo Sostenible del Área de Manejo Especial la Macarena), has ordered oil palm company Poligrow Colombia Ltda...
- Who will pay for the illegal destruction of the Peruvian Amazon?
News broke recently in the Jakarta Post that two Peruvian oil palm plantations located in Peru’s Amazon region of Ucayali, Plantaciones de Pucallpa and Plantaciones de Ucayali, plan to sell land they control in the Peruvian Amazon...
- Illegally deforested Amazon land for sale by oil palm plantation operators in Peru
Maps published today confirm that land transferred by two oil palm plantations to a Peruvian trust services company, which is now auctioning off these properties, is located in illegally deforested Amazon rainforest. EIA mapped...
- Between Water and Oil Palm [IT]
- LETTER: EIA, Indigenous Groups Write Letter, Calling for Removal of United Cacao Ltd. from LSE
In a sign-on letter sent to the London Stock Exchange’s Alternative Investment Market (AIM), over 60 indigenous organizations and NGOs from Peru, Europe, and the United States raise grave concerns related to ongoing illegal...
- United Cacao-linked Companies Ordered to Stop Operations by Peruvian Authorities
Three massive agri-business projects in the Peruvian Amazon, all related to the same group of companies identified in EIA’s 2015 report Deforestation by Definition, have been ordered to halt operations by government authorities in the country. Together, the projects being developed collectively by Cacao del Perú Norte...