- End of an Era: Yahoo! Japan Ceases Ivory Sales
- EIA Applauds Japan’s AEON for Elephant Ivory Phase-out
The Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) praised AEON’s official announcement that it will phase out all sales of elephant ivory by tenants in all of AEON’s numerous malls across Japan by March 2020.
- EIA Condemns Japan’s Ivory Tusk Registration Campaign
As the Government of Japan announces that it will launch a campaign to register privately-owned ivory, EIA condemns the move due to Japan's highly illegal trade.
- Japan's Rakuten Closes the Door on Ivory Sales
- Japan's Internet Retail Giant Rakuten Ichiba Ceasing Ivory Sales
Japan's largest internet retailer, Rakuten, has announced it will cease all sales of ivory products on its sites.
- EIA Demands Closure of Japan’s Ivory Market Following New Evidence of Illegal Ivory Trade
EIA is calling for the closure of Japan’s domestic ivory market after new evidence of illegal trade in ivory tusks was linked to the Ministry of Environment’s tusk registration scheme.
- Environmentalists Commend China for Closing Ivory Stores and Factories, Urge Japan to Take Similar Steps to End Ivory Trade
Environmentalists Commend China for Closing Ivory Stores and Factories, Urge Japan to Take Similar Steps to End Ivory Trade
Following news that China is taking steps to close its domestic ivory trade, EIA calls on Japan, the largest remaining ivory market, to also end the trade.
- African Conservationists Call on Internet Retailer Rakuten to Cease All Sales of Elephant Ivory
Conservationists from leading African organizations are appealing to internet retail giant Rakuten to immediately cease sales of elephant ivory products...
- Take Action: Tell Rakuten to end elephant ivory sales!
Internet retail giant Rakuten was selling both elephant and whale products – but recently committed to terminating all whale product sales! Great news for whales, but Rakuten is still carrying ads for elephant ivory products, many originating from illegal ivory poached in...
- Internet giant Rakuten pulls the plug on whale meat sales
Internet retail giant Rakuten has announced it is terminating sales of whale products through its Japanese marketplace Rakuten Ichiba and has given merchants 30 days to remove them...