- On World Rhino Day, EIA Calls for an End to All Rhino Horn Trade
To protect rhinos, domestic rhino horn markets must be shut down and pro-trade arguments must be abandoned.
- Is John Hume Dealing with Criminal Syndicates in Auctioning His Rhino Horn?
In advance of the rhino horn auction in South Africa, EIA questions John Hume's involvement
- Petition to Certify Mozambique as Diminishing the Effectiveness of CITES
Petition to Certify Mozambique as Diminishing the Effectiveness of CITES
- Using Every Tool to Protect the World’s Wildlife: How the U.S. Pelly Amendment can help stop poaching
Using Every Tool to Protect the World’s Wildlife: How the U.S. Pelly Amendment can help stop poaching
EIA's brief overview of the Pelly Amendment and its uses and potential impacts.
- As Secretary Jewell Visits Vietnam and China, EIA Urges Action for Rhinos and Elephants
This week, U.S. Department of the Interior Secretary Sally Jewell travels to China and Vietnam, the world’s leading consumer markets for elephant ivory and rhino horn. Wildlife trafficking is high on the Secretary’s trip agenda, and indeed the U.S. agenda in general...
- Vietnam – Still Driving the Rhino Poaching Crisis
- Environmentalists Call for Trade Sanctions Against Mozambique for Rhino and Elephant Poaching
Today the Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) and the International Rhino Foundation (IRF) announced they are petitioning the Obama Administration to impose trade sanctions...
- Congressman DeFazio highlights need to stop illegal rhino horn trade in Vietnam
The Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) applauds Congressman Peter DeFazio, Ranking Member of the Committee on Natural Resources...
- Poaching increases as South Africa pushes for legal rhino horn trade
The poaching of rhinos in South Africa has increased by more than three rhinos a week on average since Environmental Minister Edna Molewa called for...
- Reflecting on CITES CoP16: Elephants and Rhinos
Poaching and trafficking of iconic species such as elephants and rhinos are recognized to be at crisis levels, devastating populations worldwide. The Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) is an international...