- FSC’s Christmas present for Schweighofer: Tracing wood is not required
The Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) is disappointed that the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) has agreed to a roadmap that would allow Holzindustrie Schweighofer to regain FSC status
- EIA report ties Schweighofer to illegal logging in Romanian national park
In a recent field investigation in Romania, EIA found evidence of illegal logging in Romania’s second-largest national park linked to the Austrian timber giant Holzindustrie Schweighofer. The FSC considers whether to uphold timber giant’s de-certification.
- Illegal Logging in Rodna Mountains National Park, Northern Romania, October 2017
EIA Investigators found clear cases of illegal logging, linked to the Austrian Timber company Holzindustrie Schweighofer, in Romania's Rodna Mountains National Park
- Leaked EU-Japan Trade Agreement Would Increase Illegal Logging
Leaked documents from a trade agreement between the European Union and Japan show weak environmental standards.
- PEFC: A Fig Leaf for Stolen Timber
- Forest Stewardship Council cuts ties with Austrian timber giant over illegal wood
FSC disassociates from Austrian timber giant Holzindustrie Schweighofer
- The 'S' Files
- Letter To FSC Board of Directors regarding Holzindustrie Schweighofer
EIA has written a letter To the FSC Board of Directors regarding Holzindustrie Schweighofer
- Groups urge Forest Stewardship Council to cut ties with Austrian timber giant
Groups urge Forest Stewardship Council to cut ties with Austrian timber giant
- Depot Deception: New EIA video documents systematic timber laundering by Schweighofer suppliers
The latest in EIA's video series The 'S' Files reveals the severity and scale of Holzindustrie Schweighofer's trade in illegal wood.