Campaign Focus Areas
- Forest Liquidators & Timber Smugglers: The Full Story
EIA summarizes the federal case against Lumber Liquidators for violating the U.S. Lacey Act.
- MEPC 70: IMO Moves Towards Arctic Phase Out of World’s Dirtiest Fuel
EIA welcomed the progress made by member countries towards a phase out of the use of heavy fuel oil (HFO) by vessels operating in the Arctic.
- Organized Crime and Hardwood Floors
- Russian Supplier to Lumber Liquidators Convicted of Organized Crime
The evidence against Lumber Liquidators, the U.S. wood products company currently under investigation by U.S. federal authorities for alleged violations of the U.S. Lacey Act, continues to accumulate. Senior executives of the Russian timber...
- Lumber Liquidators Lies to the Public
- Japanese Firms Importing Illegal Russian Timber
- Tracking the Value of Oak: Illegal Timber Supply Chains from the Russian Far East
In a visual representation of EIA’s multi-year investigation of illegally harvested timber from the Russian Far East (RFE), we track the value of Mongolian Oak as it moves along the supply chain–from biodiverse forests in the Russian Far East, through manufacturing sites in China, and ultimately to retailers in the U.S. At every stage of the supply chain...
- The Open Door: Japan’s Continuing Failure to Prevent Imports of Illegal Russian Timber
In recent years, Japan has been the subject of increasing scrutiny regarding timber imports from tropical forested countries, the legality of which has at times been questioned by environmental groups. However, Japan’s imports of timber...
- How Illegal Russian Oak Becomes Hardwood Flooring in the USA
This video illustrates the path of illegal timber from the old growth forests in the Russian Far East, through manufacturing in China, and ultimately into homes and offices in the United States as hardwood flooring...
- Liquidating the Forests: Investigation Video
EIA's new investigative video details the extent and nature of illegal logging in the Russian Far East (RFE) and tracks illegally harvested valuable hardwoods across the border into China, through factories and warehouses, to its ultimate destination...