Campaign Focus Areas
- Fighting illegal logging in Peru: The Full Story
- Canada's New Marine Protected Area Envisions a Better Future for Narwhals and Belugas
Read what Canada's largest marine protected area means for the local marine life, indigenous people, and industry.
- Second Postcard from the IMO Marine Environment Protection Committee
EIA returned from the 71st Marine Environment Protection Committee meetings with some positive updates
- United States and Canada Take Historic Steps to Protect the Arctic Ocean
Joint Statement bans drilling in most of the U.S. and Canadian Arctic, and commits to phasing out use of heavy fuel oil by ships in the Arctic
- MEPC 70: IMO Moves Towards Arctic Phase Out of World’s Dirtiest Fuel
EIA welcomed the progress made by member countries towards a phase out of the use of heavy fuel oil (HFO) by vessels operating in the Arctic.
- Heavy Fuel Oil: A Priority Threat to Arctic Cetaceans
An EIA briefing on the threat of heavy fuel oil in the Arctic...
- Environmentalists Call for Moratorium on Arctic Shipping Increase to Protect Endangered Beluga
Environmentalists today called on the eight Arctic nations of the Arctic Council to enact a ten-year moratorium on any increase in Arctic shipping to protect endangered beluga whales from the threat...