- California Approves Strategy to Reduce Super Pollutants
The California Air Resources Board agreed to a strategy to phase down potent greenhouse gases, including HFCs.
- EIA Briefing to the UNFCCC COP22
- Ratifying the Kigali HFC Amendment: A No-brainer for the U.S.
EIA takes a look at why the Kigali Amendment to the Montreal Protocol should be ratified by the United States
- EIA reflects on 10 years of HFC campaigning following Kigali Amendment
Following successful negotiations to the Montreal Protocol, EIA reflects on ten years of calling for a phase out of HFC gases.
- Historic Agreement Reached on Global Deal to Cut HFCs, Super Pollutant Greenhouse Gases
Parties to the Montreal Protocol are expected to adopt an historic global agreement mandating controls on hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) consumption and production...
- Montreal Protocol Seeks Progress on Standards for HFC-free Technologies
Parties to the Montreal Protocol met last month in Vienna to negotiate a global phase down of hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs), super-greenhouse gases that are thousands...
- The Need for Smarter Standards and Codes in Cooling
As Parties to Montreal Protocol negotiate a global agreement for an HFC phase-down this year, several safety standards and building codes are threatening to limit...
- Bringing the U.S. Fridge Market into the 21st Century
HFC-134a, a type of hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) refrigerant with a high global warming poten- tial (GWP) 1,430 times that of carbon dioxide, is used in virtually all new U.S. domestic refrigerators and freezers...
- Consumer Goods Forum Briefing