- Taking Marine Mammals Incidental to Alaska Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Project in Cook Inlet
EIA letter to NOAA regarding proposed LNG Project in Cook Inlet
- Draft Cook Inlet LNG Pipeline Document Reveals Devastating Impact on Endangered Belugas
Draft Cook Inlet LNG Pipeline Document Reveals Devastating Impact on Endangered Belugas
- IMO Takes Major Step Towards Ending Dirty Fuel Use in the Arctic
EIA hails the IMO's agreement to develop a ban on the use and carriage for use of heavy fuel oil in the Arctic.
- IMO Member States Must Back Ban on Heavy Fuel Oil from Arctic Shipping
As a meeting of the International Maritime Organization’s Marine Environment Protection Committee opens today in London (MEPC72), the Clean Arctic Alliance called on IMO member states to support a proposal to ban heavy fuel oil (HFO) from Arctic shipping.
- EIA opposes Trump administration plan for new oil leases in beluga habitat
Today EIA filed a comment in opposition to the unprecedented plan by the administration to open 98 percent of the American outer continental shelf to oil and natural gas activity.
- Canada's New Marine Protected Area Envisions a Better Future for Narwhals and Belugas
Read what Canada's largest marine protected area means for the local marine life, indigenous people, and industry.
- Beluga Whales in Cook Inlet, Alaska
- Second Postcard from the IMO Marine Environment Protection Committee
EIA returned from the 71st Marine Environment Protection Committee meetings with some positive updates
- United States and Canada Take Historic Steps to Protect the Arctic Ocean
Joint Statement bans drilling in most of the U.S. and Canadian Arctic, and commits to phasing out use of heavy fuel oil by ships in the Arctic
- MEPC 70: IMO Moves Towards Arctic Phase Out of World’s Dirtiest Fuel
EIA welcomed the progress made by member countries towards a phase out of the use of heavy fuel oil (HFO) by vessels operating in the Arctic.