Campaign Focus Areas
- The Canary in the Coal Mine: Cook Inlet Beluga Whales
A short video about the Cook Inlet beluga whales and the problems they face.
- EIA Applauds IWC For Passing Resolution Addressing Underwater Noise Impacts to Protect Whales
The Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) commends the International Whaling Commission (IWC) for passing by consensus a new Resolution focused on addressing the impacts of anthropogenic underwater noise on cetaceans.
- White Noise: Preventing Acoustic Pollution in the Arctic
The Arctic marine environment is not always a quiet place, but it is a relatively natural soundscape that belugas and other polar wildlife rely on to communicate and find prey.
- Taking Marine Mammals Incidental to Alaska Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Project in Cook Inlet
EIA letter to NOAA regarding proposed LNG Project in Cook Inlet
- Celebrating the Life's Work of Dame Daphne Sheldrick, Savior of Elephants in Africa
Last week, the wildlife conservationist community, and more importantly the world’s elephants, lost one of their most important and avid champions when Daphne Sheldrick, savior of hundreds of orphaned African elephants, died on April 12 in Nairobi at the age of 83.
- IMO Takes Major Step Towards Ending Dirty Fuel Use in the Arctic
EIA hails the IMO's agreement to develop a ban on the use and carriage for use of heavy fuel oil in the Arctic.
- IMO Member States Must Back Ban on Heavy Fuel Oil from Arctic Shipping
As a meeting of the International Maritime Organization’s Marine Environment Protection Committee opens today in London (MEPC72), the Clean Arctic Alliance called on IMO member states to support a proposal to ban heavy fuel oil (HFO) from Arctic shipping.
- EIA Praises Taiwan for Closing Its Domestic Ivory Market to Save Elephants
The Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) today commended Taiwan for committing to close its domestic ivory market starting January 1, 2020, thus eliminating another domestic ivory market in Asia.
- EIA Condemns Establishment of Rhino Horn Trade Desk
EIA condemns the establishment of Rhino Horn Trade Africa (RHTA), an initiative launched yesterday by the South Africa-based Private Rhino Owners Association (PROA).
- Mourning the Loss of Esmond Martin
The loss of Esmond Martin, found dead in his Nairobi home over the weekend, is a tragic development not just for his family, friends and colleagues, but for the entire international community and all those who supported the protection of Africa's elephants as well as its rhinos.