Campaign Focus Areas
- EIA Statement on the Wildlife Conservation and Anti-Trafficking Act of 2019 (H.R. 864)
EIA strongly supports the Wildlife Conservation and Anti-Trafficking Act of 2019 (H.R. 864) introduced today by Representatives John Garamendi (D-CA) and Don Young (R-AK).
- 象牙のハンコ:日本の違法な象牙取引&アフリカ ゾウの悲劇の元凶
- Investigation Reveals Hanko Demand Drives Japan's Illegal Ivory Trade
Nearly 200 retailers in Japan are willing to sell ivory hanko knowing the sought-after name seals are destined for export which is illegal, a new investigation reveals.
- How Ivory Hanko Destroyed African's Elephants and Drives Japan's Illegal Ivory Trade
Japan’s demand for hanko made of elephant ivory is a modern phenomenon driven by the country’s ivory industry.
- Superficial Reforms: An Analysis of Recent Amendments to Japan's Ivory Control Laws
Briefing Document for Delegates to CITES Standing Committee 70
- The Canary in the Coal Mine: Cook Inlet Beluga Whales
A short video about the Cook Inlet beluga whales and the problems they face.
- EIA Applauds IWC For Passing Resolution Addressing Underwater Noise Impacts to Protect Whales
The Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) commends the International Whaling Commission (IWC) for passing by consensus a new Resolution focused on addressing the impacts of anthropogenic underwater noise on cetaceans.
- White Noise: Preventing Acoustic Pollution in the Arctic
The Arctic marine environment is not always a quiet place, but it is a relatively natural soundscape that belugas and other polar wildlife rely on to communicate and find prey.
- Taking Marine Mammals Incidental to Alaska Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Project in Cook Inlet
EIA letter to NOAA regarding proposed LNG Project in Cook Inlet
- Celebrating the Life's Work of Dame Daphne Sheldrick, Savior of Elephants in Africa
Last week, the wildlife conservationist community, and more importantly the world’s elephants, lost one of their most important and avid champions when Daphne Sheldrick, savior of hundreds of orphaned African elephants, died on April 12 in Nairobi at the age of 83.