- Authorized Plunder
A new report by EIA, Authorized Plunder, documents the sale of 180,000 rosewood logs in Guinea-Bissau, enabled by the Secretariat of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), is fueled by high-level corruption, encourages illegal logging, and threatens local communities.
- 象牙のハンコ:日本の違法な象牙取引&アフリカ ゾウの悲劇の元凶
- How Ivory Hanko Destroyed African's Elephants and Drives Japan's Illegal Ivory Trade
Japan’s demand for hanko made of elephant ivory is a modern phenomenon driven by the country’s ivory industry.
- The Canary in the Coal Mine: Cook Inlet Beluga Whales
A short video about the Cook Inlet beluga whales and the problems they face.
- În Spatele Scenelor: Cum se ascund distrugerile pădurilor antice din Europa
În Spatele Scenelor: Cum se ascund distrugerile pădurilor antice din Europa
- Behind The Scenes: How Log Yards Hide the Destruction of Europe’s Ancient Forests
Behind the Scenes takes detailed look at how the Austrian timber giant Holzindustrie Schweighofer, one of the largest wood processors in Romania, continues to fuel the destruction of Europe’s last old growth forests, in spite of five years of pledges not to source timber from national parks or protected areas.
- Fighting Forest Crime: The Lacey Act and Beyond
- Moment of Truth: Promise or Peril for the Amazon as Peru Confronts its Illegal Timber Trade
EIA’s new report describes important advances since 2012 in Peru’s fight against illegal logging, timber laundering, and its associated international trade – as well as the backlash against these new approaches.
- El Momento de la Verdad: Oportunidad o Amenaza para la Amazonía Peruana en la Lucha contra el Comercio de la Madera Ilegal
El Momento de la Verdad: Oportunidad o Amenaza para la Amazonía Peruana en la Lucha contra el Comercio de la Madera Ilegal
El nuevo informe de EIA describe avances importantes desde el año 2012 en lo que respecta a la lucha contra la tala ilegal en el Perú, el lavado de madera y el comercio internacional de esta madera ilegal – así como también los retrocesos con respecto a estos nuevos enfoques.
- Diana's Song
- Illegal Logging in Rodna Mountains National Park
- The Rosewood Racket
The results of a two-year investigation by EIA, The Rosewood Racket details the journey of illegal African rosewood, also known as “kosso,” from the remote forests of Nigeria beset by illegal logging to luxury furniture boutiques in China, despite protections placed on this threatened tree species by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES).
- Beluga Whales in Cook Inlet, Alaska
- New York Ivory Crush
- Spiegel TV Magazin - Illegal Wood Trade - Trailer
- The 'S' Files
- The 'S' Files, Case #3: Depot Deception
- The 'S' Files Case #2: Un-Natural Parks
- The "S' Files, Case #1: The Ghost Trucks
- The Wrong Project in the Wrong Place
This EIA short documentary film presents interviews with members of local communities in the Southwest region of Cameroon about the negative impacts felt by a controversial oil palm project. The project, owned by Sithe Global Sustainable Oil Cameroon (SGSOC), has not only dispossessed community members of their land, but also threatened biodiversity hotspots and failed to meet development promises.
- SGSOC: Le Mauvais Projet au Mauvais Endroit
- SGSOC: The Wrong Project in the Wrong Place
- India Takes Critical Step to Protect Global Climate from HFC-23
India has announced its chemical industry, with immediate effect, must collect and destroy emissions of its most potent greenhouse gas, HFC-23. EIA first exposed the HFC-23 crisis ten years ago and has carried out investigations into HFC-23 venting in China and India.
- The Dirty Secrets of Japan’s Illegal Ivory Trade
- Instruments of Change Trailer (Romanian Subtitles)
Trailer for EIA’s new documentary, Instruments of Change: Lessons from the Rainforest, invites you to join Jesse Carmichael and James Valentine of Maroon 5 and Adam Gardner of Guster on their journey to the Guatemalan rainforest...