- The Wrong Project in the Wrong Place
This EIA short documentary film presents interviews with members of local communities in the Southwest region of Cameroon about the negative impacts felt by a controversial oil palm project. The project, owned by Sithe Global Sustainable Oil Cameroon (SGSOC), has not only dispossessed community members of their land, but also threatened biodiversity hotspots and failed to meet development promises.
- SGSOC: Le Mauvais Projet au Mauvais Endroit
- SGSOC: The Wrong Project in the Wrong Place
- India Takes Critical Step to Protect Global Climate from HFC-23
India has announced its chemical industry, with immediate effect, must collect and destroy emissions of its most potent greenhouse gas, HFC-23. EIA first exposed the HFC-23 crisis ten years ago and has carried out investigations into HFC-23 venting in China and India.
- The Dirty Secrets of Japan’s Illegal Ivory Trade
- Instruments of Change Trailer (Romanian Subtitles)
Trailer for EIA’s new documentary, Instruments of Change: Lessons from the Rainforest, invites you to join Jesse Carmichael and James Valentine of Maroon 5 and Adam Gardner of Guster on their journey to the Guatemalan rainforest...
- Adam Gardner of Guster performs "Ramona" with members of Maroon 5
On May 17, 2016 EIA and Reverb premiered the documentary "Instruments of Change: Lessons from the Rainforest" (Watch: https://youtu.be/Oa5j5cbpYhg) at the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles...
- Instrumentos de Cambio: Lecciones de la Selva
- Instruments of Change: Lessons from the Rainforest
EIA traveled to Guatemala with members of Maroon 5 and Guster to learn about the impacts of illegal logging, and how some communities are fighting back through...
- Between Water and Oil Palm [IT]
- Instruments of Change: Lessons from the Rainforest (Official Trailer)
Official Trailer for Instruments of Change: Lessons from the Rainforest
- Holzindustrie schweighofer's broken promise in Romania
In October 2013 Holzindustrie Schweighofer’s declared company policy on its website stated, “Holzindustrie Schweighofer does not accept logs and biomass deliveries coming from natural parks and protected areas.”
- Unedited aerial imagery of deforestation in Peru
- Alex Gavan Speaks About the Romanian Forests
- Lumber Liquidators Sentenced for Violations Related to the Lacey Act
Following Lumber Liquidators' sentencing hearing, EIA has produced a short video summarizing the case that began with the EIA undercover investigation...
- Stealing the Last Forest
- Mapiripán: Between Water and Oil Palm
- Supermarkets, HFCs, and Global Warming
- The U.S. Ivory Crush at Times Square
- Holzindustrie Schweighofer & Illegal Timber
- La Veeduria Forestal (Français)
- Organized Crime and Hardwood Floors
- Obama-Modi Talk HFCs: Build Hope for a Deal
- Getting In Tune: Musicians for Legal and Sustainable Wood
Artists including Jason Mraz, Michael Franti, Razia Said and members of Linkin Park, Maroon 5, and Guster lend their voices in the fight against illegal logging...
- La Veeduría Forestal
The Veeduría Forestal, or Forest Monitoring Initiative, is a national indigenous-led forest monitoring program in Peru that works with local communities to implement forest monitoring and management, and gather data to provide concrete technical inputs to indigenous decision-making and advocacy bodies at the local, regional, national, and international levels.