- Fighting Forest Crime: The Lacey Act and Beyond
- Moment of Truth: Promise or Peril for the Amazon as Peru Confronts its Illegal Timber Trade
EIA’s new report describes important advances since 2012 in Peru’s fight against illegal logging, timber laundering, and its associated international trade – as well as the backlash against these new approaches.
- El Momento de la Verdad: Oportunidad o Amenaza para la Amazonía Peruana en la Lucha contra el Comercio de la Madera Ilegal
El Momento de la Verdad: Oportunidad o Amenaza para la Amazonía Peruana en la Lucha contra el Comercio de la Madera Ilegal
El nuevo informe de EIA describe avances importantes desde el año 2012 en lo que respecta a la lucha contra la tala ilegal en el Perú, el lavado de madera y el comercio internacional de esta madera ilegal – así como también los retrocesos con respecto a estos nuevos enfoques.
- Diana's Song
- Illegal Logging in Rodna Mountains National Park
- The Rosewood Racket
The results of a two-year investigation by EIA, The Rosewood Racket details the journey of illegal African rosewood, also known as “kosso,” from the remote forests of Nigeria beset by illegal logging to luxury furniture boutiques in China, despite protections placed on this threatened tree species by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES).
- Beluga Whales in Cook Inlet, Alaska
- New York Ivory Crush
- Spiegel TV Magazin - Illegal Wood Trade - Trailer
- The 'S' Files
- The 'S' Files, Case #3: Depot Deception
- The 'S' Files Case #2: Un-Natural Parks
- The "S' Files, Case #1: The Ghost Trucks
- The Wrong Project in the Wrong Place
This EIA short documentary film presents interviews with members of local communities in the Southwest region of Cameroon about the negative impacts felt by a controversial oil palm project. The project, owned by Sithe Global Sustainable Oil Cameroon (SGSOC), has not only dispossessed community members of their land, but also threatened biodiversity hotspots and failed to meet development promises.
- SGSOC: Le Mauvais Projet au Mauvais Endroit
- SGSOC: The Wrong Project in the Wrong Place
- India Takes Critical Step to Protect Global Climate from HFC-23
India has announced its chemical industry, with immediate effect, must collect and destroy emissions of its most potent greenhouse gas, HFC-23. EIA first exposed the HFC-23 crisis ten years ago and has carried out investigations into HFC-23 venting in China and India.
- The Dirty Secrets of Japan’s Illegal Ivory Trade
- Instruments of Change Trailer (Romanian Subtitles)
Trailer for EIA’s new documentary, Instruments of Change: Lessons from the Rainforest, invites you to join Jesse Carmichael and James Valentine of Maroon 5 and Adam Gardner of Guster on their journey to the Guatemalan rainforest...
- Adam Gardner of Guster performs "Ramona" with members of Maroon 5
On May 17, 2016 EIA and Reverb premiered the documentary "Instruments of Change: Lessons from the Rainforest" (Watch: https://youtu.be/Oa5j5cbpYhg) at the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles...
- Instrumentos de Cambio: Lecciones de la Selva
- Instruments of Change: Lessons from the Rainforest
EIA traveled to Guatemala with members of Maroon 5 and Guster to learn about the impacts of illegal logging, and how some communities are fighting back through...
- Between Water and Oil Palm [IT]
- Instruments of Change: Lessons from the Rainforest (Official Trailer)
Official Trailer for Instruments of Change: Lessons from the Rainforest
- Holzindustrie schweighofer's broken promise in Romania
In October 2013 Holzindustrie Schweighofer’s declared company policy on its website stated, “Holzindustrie Schweighofer does not accept logs and biomass deliveries coming from natural parks and protected areas.”